I’d seen this done on Pinterest and loved loved loved the idea. I kept this idea in the back of my head while out at Goodwill or thrifting around town. Finally, one day I found THE perfect frame for the project, so I snatched it up and brought it home.
DIY: Repurposed Frame Picture Hanger
What You’ll Need:
– An old frame (medium to large sized)
– Twine or wire
– Hot glue gun (if using twine)
– Mini clothespins
– Photos to display!
1. Remove the back from your frame if it has one.
2. Cut off hanging wire if present. My frame had the wire and it made it hang funny without the backing so I removed it.
3. Hot glue twine from one edge of the back of the frame to the other. When spacing out the twine, you’ll want to leave enough room for pictures to be seen – it will take a little bit of trial and error. Make sure the bottom piece of twine is not too close to the bottom of the frame! You don’t want your pictures peek-a-booing over the edge.
4. If you removed your wire, you can either attach a picture hanging ditty (the little teeth things, ya know?) or glue another piece of twine to the top so it can hang (I like this look best!).
5. Hang your pictures and enjoy!
This project was really so simple (and frugal!) and offers a lovely way to display many pictures in one place (sans pre-cut frame collages or buying a bunch of smaller frames)!
I’ve also seen something similar to this used to display name cards with table numbers at a wedding. I think that’s such a cute idea! Have you made something similar? I’d love to hear about what you made and displayed!