Can’t believe I’m halfway done with Whole30 already! I’ve learned a lot about my eating habits, and I’m not sure if I’ll even want to go back to eating the way I did before – I’m missing sugary and starchy foods less and less! I am also much more aware of some problem areas I never paid attention to before. For example, I keep stopping myself from grazing while making husband’s lunches and breakfasts. It’s made me realize that I was eating things just because they were there and not because I was hungry. I’d sneak a spoonful of hashbrowns or granola; lick the spoon after scooping out yogurt; steal slices of lunch meat while making sandwiches, etc. Whole30 has definitely helped me become aware of what I was eating and why.
Breakfast – Apple, Cherry Pie LARABAR
Lunch – Two hard boiled eggs, grapes, raspberries, cashews
Dinner – Bison tacos with chunky guacamole
– 2 avocados, diced
– Small tomato, diced
– 1/4 of a red onion, minced
– 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, chopped (I’m not a cilantro fan… so we use parsley in our house)
– 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Combine ingredients and enjoy!
Ground Bison Tacos (Lettuce Wraps)
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 lb ground bison (or beef if ya like)
– 1 small onion, diced
– 1/2 green pepper, diced
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 14 oz. can diced tomatoes (I didn’t end up using the whole thing though)
– 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
– Pinch of chipotle powder
1. Heat olive oil and add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add ground bison, seasoning, chipotle, and tomatoes.
3. Cook until meat is cooked and sauce is thickened (about 5-10 minutes)
4. Top with chunky gauc and stuff yo’ face!
Tacos are the best because it really doesn’t take much skill to make them. I just threw in what we had handy and out popped this delicious meal! What’s your favorite taco ingredient? Mine is chipotle powder for sure! I love the hint of spice and smoke it gives (without being too spicy for us spice wusses).